I am curious about the human soul or, in other words, what it means to be a human.
I was born on the Mediterranean coast of Spain, traditionally an untamed region that nevertheless gave rise to creative genius, such as the surrealist painter Salvador Dalí. Perhaps inspired by such creative forces, I was curious about the world beyond my familiar surroundings from a young age and developed a fascination about the incredible complexity of human nature.
Wanting to know why each person is different, despite common aspirations to be fulfilled and happy, is why I studied Psychology. My bachelor’s degree gave me the foundations to start a professional journey full of variety and challenges. I have worked as a group facilitator, community psychologist, trainer, and human resources consultant. Since 2008, I have been a life and leadership coach, supporting people in personal growth, learning processes and the achievement of their life goals.
My desire to foster the inner transformation in others starts with my own approach to life, which I see as a journey of challenges, discovery and changes. That is one reason why I moved to Chile for six years when I was 30 years old. Wondering what was my place in the world, it was here that I experienced a profound awakening. Because I was able to put my normal turbulent life of action on hold and spend time reflecting, I became aware that being – knowing who you are – is the foundation that gives real meaning to what we do in our lives and ensures sustainable change.
I have lived in Sydney since 2015, and this has been the most demanding stage of my life. Although my essential values have been challenged due to cultural difficulties and professional restrictions, the experience has been positive. It made me take care of myself more than ever, examining my thought processes, and ultimately reinventing myself.
Most importantly, this self-examination and reinvention has given rise to my new coaching approach called Self-leadership. In this approach, your personal power does not stem from specific achievements, but rather from embracing your unique strengths, core values and life purpose.
I have designed coaching workshops as part of my Self-leadership approach. In these workshops, I unleash my passion for creating spaces of social connection, personal growth, and transformation.
I look forward to helping you achieve your own Self-leadership. I believe that my life and professional experience in three very different cultures, together with my own inner work through psychotherapy, workshops of personal growth and expansion of consciousness, has allowed me to recognise the multiple facets of each individual and perceive what is essential for my client to work from this point to achieve their personal goals.
Why choose me as your coach?
My aim is to see you fulfill your life ambitions. I bring my personal strengths and professional skills to each and every coaching session adapting to your individuality. My background as a Psychologist brings an in-depth knowledge of the human psyche and behaviour change enabling a conscious experience of your thoughts and feelings.
I balance the dance between holding the space and provoking you to move towards the direction you want.
As a versatile and creative coach, I use a wide range of tools building a deeper trust whilst taking you through the coaching process.
As your coach, I will ensure that you are supported through the process of transition from who you are now to who you choose to become.
Professional experience … at a glance
- 20 years experience delivering community projects and facilitating change in individuals and groups through life and leadership coaching, soft skills training, human resources consulting and personal development workshops.
- Extensive work in the corporate world, including projects in Spain and Chile.
- Projects for the not-for-profit sector in Spain and Australia (e.g., Punt de Referencia, MCC Welfare Services), and for government organisations in Chile and Ghana (e.g., Ministry of Internal Affairs of Chile, Wildlife Division in Ghana).
- See my up-to-date profile on https://www.linkedin.com/in/claudiaturro/
- Social-Community Psychology MSc. P. Catholic University of Chile.
- Psychology BSc. University of Barcelona.
- Certified Professional Co-active Coach. International Coach Federation.
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR). Mindtraining.
- Innermetrix Advanced Insights. HR Tools Center.
- CL1 Certification in emotional modeling. Alba Emoting.